Summer Meals

Summer Meals

Community Food Bank’s Summer Meals Program provides free, healthy meals to children ages 18 and under during the summer when school is not in session. A partnership between Community Food Bank, the Alabama State Department of Education, the Alabama Food Bank Association, and community organizations, Summer Meals provides free lunch and snacks to children throughout central Alabama five days a week, all summer long. All meals served through the program are completely free of charge, not only to participating children, but also to partner sites.

Summer Meals are:

  • Free of charge to participating children
  • Free of charge to participating organizations
  • Nutritious, exceeding or meeting Federal nutrition standards
  • Delivered directly to participating sites 5 days a week all summer long
  • Ready to serve (no prep needed!)

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
fax: (202) 690-7442 or

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.